Are you struggling to land big fish clients for your business? It might be time to take a closer look at your sales team and determine if you have the right salesperson for the job. Matching the right personality type to your prospective big fish can make all the difference in securing long-term partnerships and ultimately, doubling your profits or building the value of your business for a future sale.
Here are the three distinct selling personalities to consider:
- The Sage
- Offers knowledge, experience, comfort, and trust
- Works best with concerned customers who need plenty of information and reassurance
- Requires a demo of the product and/or service, and references and case studies if possible.
- The Pal
- Shines at building relationships
- Instantly relates to the prospective client and creates a sense of camaraderie
- Works best with clients who are looking for a more personal connection
- Requires assistance pairing with the right client, an entertainment (or schmoozing) budget, and the right information to meet the client’s needs
- The Pit Bull
- Focused, bottom-line-driven salesperson who excels at closing deals quickly and independently
- Works best in environments where they can work independently, exercise authoritative discretion, and seal deals quickly
- Requires some authority as they will likely be closing deals on the spot and plenty of resources and access to products and services.
By understanding the unique strengths of each personality type, you can match the right salesperson to your target fish and increase your chances of success.
Don’t let a mismatched salesperson cost you, big fish clients. Contact us today to determine which personality type your salespeople fit into and start reaping the rewards of successful big fish hunting.
Enroll in the Thriving Business Academy on our website membership link (https://learning.thriving.biz/members/signup) and gain access to expert advice, resources, and support to take your business to the next level.